Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Last of the London Silk

I bought one last piece of silk in London in 2010.  It is an interesting swirling pattern in colors like an animal print would have, but it is not an animal print:

Looking a little shifty in this one. . .

Better 

You can see how the yolk extends to form the sleeves.

Again, I only bought 1.5 meters so I went with a very simple pattern to make a tunic to wear with leggings.  The pattern is Simplicity 2147 which is a Learn to Sew Pattern.  I thought the pattern instructions were super clear and the top very easy to fit and make.  Very appropriate for a beginner or, as in my case, an easy and fast make for an experienced seamstress.  I have worn this a couple of times now out for casually dressy occasions.  I love it.

You may also notice that I have cut all my hair off into a pixie cut.  I have done this transformation a couple of times in my life -- usually when I have lived with my hair long for awhile and remember but much effort it is to keep my fine, thick, curly hair under control when it is long.  We'll see how long it takes to me to forget that and start to grow it back.   

No comments:

Post a Comment